LIVESTOCK TRANSPORTATION SURVEY, 1973
The summary report--livestock trucking service: quality, adequacy and shipment patterns agricultural economic report no. 312--examines for-hire truck service experienced by shippers of beef cattle and calves during 1972: major modal flow patterns for the five feeding states (Iowa, Nebraska, colorado, California and Texas) by area (northeast, corn belt, etc. 17 areas) of origin, 1970-1972; shipper attributes, commodity attributes and transport level of service attributes. A stratified random sample of livestock handlers and feed lot operators in 13 states. Different sample rates applied to different strata. Personal interviews. Sampling pop. Included 1/2 of all cattle marketed in U.S.
- ADP Storage: punched cards.
Department of Agriculture1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20250
- Publication Date: 1973
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Freight traffic; Highways; Rail (Railroads)
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00320785
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TSR
- Created Date: Oct 30 1982 12:00AM