Influence of Strain Amplitude and Rest Period on Fatigue Life of CRMB Modified Bituminous Mixture
This study focuses on the laboratory investigations carried out to quantify the fatigue life of viscosity grade 40 (VG40) and crumb rubber modified bituminous (CRMB) mixtures and the influence of rest period. Four-point beam bending experiments were carried out with strain-controlled loading at 20 [Formula: see text]C and 10 Hz frequency with and without rest period between two consecutive load cycles. The fatigue life was quantified using flexural stiffness. It was seen that the CRMB mixture exhibited low rate of reduction in flexural stiffness and better recovery during the rest period when compared to bituminous mixtures produced using VG40 binder.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/21999287
- Copyright © Springer International Publishing AG 2019.
- Publication Date: 2019-4
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p 4
- TRT Terms: Amplitude (Physics); Bituminous mixtures; Crumb rubber; Fatigue strength; Relaxation (Mechanics); Stiffness; Strain (Mechanics)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01696386
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 21 2019 3:12PM