TRANSPORTATION SAFETY RECORDS
This system is designed to collect accident data modes of transportation and determine probable cause and recommendations to prevent future similar accidents. Investigations of all civil aviation accidents and selected major catastrophic accidents in other transportation modes are included in the system. Specific informaiton consists of facts, circumstances, and probable cause of accidents. Investigations are conducted in all of the United States. Investigators are dispatched immediately following accident notification. Geocoding is date, type of vehicle (aircraft, truck, etc.), operator, and registration number. Output is the investigators factual report on the accident investigation, charts, and photographs. Query capability state, date, and place of accident. Primary sources of information are NTSB investigators or investigations conducted by other DOT Administrations, i.e. Federal Railroad Administration, Federal Highway Administration and U.S. Coast Guard. Input data come from findings of investigators.
- ADP Source: Hard copy, Magnetic Tape. Info available to public; narrative reports internal distribution only.
National Transportation Safety Board800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Aviation; Crash investigation; Crash reports; Data analysis; Data collection; Information systems; Intermodal transportation; Mathematical analysis; Safety and security; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Transportation safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Data systems
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00320636
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Regular
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 2003 12:00AM