NATIONAL HIGHWAY SAFETY FORECAST: A 1990 TRAFFIC SAFETY OUTLOOK
Annual report presenting projections to 1990 of traffic accidents and fatalities, for use in traffic safety planning. Projected motor vehicle deaths and rates are shown for 6 combinations of changes in per capita alcohol consumption, mix of vehicle types and sizes, and speed limits. Projections are based on estimated normal increase in population, licensed drivers, vehicles and vehicle miles of travel; accident trends. Data are from the NHTSA Fatal Accident Reporting System File.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Crash rates; Fatalities; Forecasting; Highway safety; Highways; Population; Safety and security; Speed limits; Traffic crashes; Transportation safety; Vehicle classification
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00320625
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM