PETROLEUM INDUSTRY SURVEY DATA TAPE, 1976
The information in the data tape described here is based on a survey of 89 petroleum companies in the United States (63 of whom responded to the survey questionnaire). The survey was designed to gather data on each major aspect of industry structure and to focus upon interactions among companies in each stage of the industry. Information was collected on a detailed geographic basis, usually being individual states or P.A.D. districts within the U.S. and individual countries in foreign operations. Data covers the following areas: general ownership, management, and financial structure of the companies; oil and natural gas (1) well ownership and production, (2) assignments, and (3) exploratory and developmental wells; natural gas sales, purchases, processing, and gathering; petroleum refining in 1964-73; marketing; transportation and storage; foreign operations and their revenue, net worth, and ownership; uranium and coal; and, financial questions including security issues, auditing and law firms retained by the companies, and investment, revenues, costs and profits.
- ADP Storage: magnetic tape-EBCDIC, 7 or 9 track.
Cornell UniversityDepartment of Agricultural Economics
Ithaca, NY United States 14850
- Publication Date: 1976-6-9
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Pipelines; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy data related to transportation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00320502
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TSR
- Created Date: Oct 30 1982 12:00AM