CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES-SURVEY OF THE ATTITUDES OF INTERCITY AUTOMOBILE TRAVELERS TOWARD INTERCITY TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVES, 1977
The purpose of this survey was to assess the attitudes of intercity automobile travelers toward intercity transportation alternatives. The survey obtained data for identification of intercity travelers, annual intercity travel summary, familiarity and availability of transit services, relative attribute ratings, reasons for use/non-use of transit, reactions to gasoline price increases and demographic data. 2000 respondents. Data call proc-personal interview of households having adult intercity auto travelers. Sample selection-stratified national probability sample of 4400 households: a 2-stage stratified cluster design.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Attitudes; Automobile travel; Data collection; Demographics; Gasoline; Highways; Intercity travel; Prices; Public transit; Socioeconomic factors; Surveys; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transit; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Social-economic studies; Urban/mass
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00320420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM