URBAN DATA BOOK, 1975
The book contains data for the 35 largest SMSA'S. It was prepared for use in transportation planning based on 1970 census data. It presents 2 tables and 5 charts for each SMSA. The charts plot population densities for area encompassing SMSA. Table 1 shows population, population density, and land area for SMSA, urbanized area, Central City, and Central Business District; and the following socioeconomic data for 11 concentric rings, 1 or 2 miles wide, radiating from a point at the center of the Central Business District: Race or ethnic group (white, black, spanish origin, other); sex and median age; and % 65 or older; families and households, number and average size; median and mean family income; mean and median rent and value of owner-occupied houses; and automobile ownership. Table 2 shows the following data for workers, by place of residence (Central City, Urbanized Ring, Rural and Scattered Urban, and outside SMSA): Place of work, worker density and employment density per square mile, and work trip distribution by mode -- automobile, public transportation, walk or work at home, and taxi or other. Compilation of selected data on Journey to Work travel Patterns and selected socioeconomic characteristics, by distance from center.
Office of the Secretary of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Bronitsky, L
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Automobile ownership; Density; Ethnic groups; Gender; Households; Mode S; Population; Public transit; Race; Rural areas; Socioeconomic factors; Tables (Data); Taxicabs; Transportation planning; Trip distribution; Urban transit; Urban transportation; Walking; Work trips
- Old TRIS Terms: Social-economic studies; Urban/mass
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00320373
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM