ATLANTA, GEORGIA-MARTA FARE REDUCTION IMPACE STUDY 1972-1973
Survey questions were aimed to measure the effect of the MARTA fare reduction and subsequent service improvements on ridership. This information complements the 1972 on-board survey perceived convenicence of transit, quality of service, priority of service improvements, and demographic data. Special information was collected for both transit users and non-users. An in-home survey of households in a 2-county transit service area with a letter of explanation requesting cooperation. Sample selec consistent with the Atlanta Regional Trans Planning Program (ARTPP) update and conducted in Fulton and DeKalb Counties.
Lloyd's of London Press817 Broadway
New York, NY USA 10003
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Demographics; Fares; Impact studies; Public transit; Ridership; Socioeconomic factors; Surveys; Transportation planning; Urban transit; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fare reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Social-economic studies; Urban/mass
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00320370
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM