ONEONTA, NY AND BATAVIA, NY--ON BOARD SURVEY OF DIAL-A-BUS, 1973
The objective is to forecast the potential ridership of innovative transit services, in particular dial-a-bus and park & ride, in a variety of urban and rural environments. Estimation of potential usage if dial-a-bus were initiated in Oneonta. In Onenonta, estimates of noncommitment trips/week on transit service and dial-a-bus, probable trip purpose, and demographic information responses to matters of energy conservation were evaluated. In Batavia, the observed rate of usage by category of rider, trip purpose, demand for improved local service demographic data data were evaluated. Households-Oneonta 310, Batavia 192. Oneonta home interview surveys. Random telephone selection. Batavia-on-board surveys of dial-a-bus of all Batavia users over 16 years of age during the survey.
Albany, NY United States 12232
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Demographics; Energy conservation; Forecasting; Paratransit services; Park and ride; Public transit; Ridership; Rural areas; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Trip purpose; Urban areas; Urban transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Dial-a-bus; Social-economic studies; Urban/mass
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00320361
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM