ACCIDENT DATA, FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION
These tapes include the following information: Train code, district, road number, class of accident, damages to equipment and track, train speed, number of train cars, method of operation, kind of defect, explosives, cause of accident, day of week, hour, weather, part of train struck, crossing and operation protection, visibility, illumination, auto speed, stalled or stopped, motor carrier act, defect or negligence, trespassers killed or hurt, trainmen killed or hurt, other employees on duty killed or hurt, passengers killed or hurt. Summary report is published annually.
- ADP Source: 4 tapes, 9-track, 800 BPDI and also paper copy.
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Annual; Casualties; Crash data; Crash rates; Crashes; Derailments; Employees; Explosives; Freight trains; Hazardous materials; Modems; Passenger trains; Rail (Railroads); Railroad grade crossings; Safety and security; Sets; Statistics; Traffic crashes; Transportation safety; Trespassers
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00320311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM