NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION POLICY--THE BASIC PREREQUISITE FOR PROGRESS
The fact is that large segments of our transportation systems are unreliable, inefficient and wasteful; their environmental impact is often harmful; but above all, one of the basic findings of the Doyle Report from 1961, that our national transportation does not represent a system, is probably as correct today as it was at that time.
Vuchic (Vukan R)Towne Building, 220 South 33rd Street D3
Philadelphia, PA USA 19174
- Vuchic, V R
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Governments; Planning; Policy; Rapid transit; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053987
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 20 1981 12:00AM