WAYBILL STATISTICS SYSTEM
All Class I line-haul railroads are required to submit the FRA (ICC) copies of all waybills when waybill numbers end with 01. (1% Sample) Sample coverage includes import, export, transit, rebilled, and piggyback traffic. Excluded are shipments weighing less than 10,000 lbs. and moving on less than carload rate on any quantity rates and traffic originating in Mexico and Canada. Principal data elements are serial and waybill number, number of carloads; origin and destination railroads, station and territories; rate types, STCC, weight and revenue, short line mile and AAR car type. Principal Report: 1) (Annual) Carload waybill statistics-presents volume and revenue data for railroad freight shipped within the (USA) during the year, by commodity and by region of shipment origin and destination. 2) Carload waybill analyses, territorial distribution, traffic and revenue by commodity groups (Quarterly) 3) Carload waybill analyses, distribution of freight traffic and revenue averages by commodity groups and rate territories, (Quarterly).
- ADP Source: machine readable tapes and Hardcopy Reports. Must have Interstate Commerce Commission approval before releasing to public.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Annual; Carloadings; Commodities; Freight traffic; Modems; Origin and destination; Rail (Railroads); Revenues; Sets; Statistics; Waybill samples
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Standard transportation commodity code
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00320264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM