A CRITIQUE OF THE STUDY "EVALUATION OF RAIL RAPID TRANSIT AND EXPRESS BUS SERVICE IN THE URBAN COMMUTER MARKET"
The recently released IDA Study discusses some important issues in urban transportation and its contents have already caused considerable controversy. The purpose of this Critique is to analyze the Study--its objectives, methods and findings--evaluate its implications, and suggest what stand UMTA should take toward it. The Critique is based on a thorough review of the Study Report and related literature, as well as on a discussion with Mr. Weiner, the technical monitor of the Study. The Critique analyzes all main aspects of the Study to a depth which is considered necessary to evaluate its approach and findings.
- The original study was done by the Institute for Defense Analysis the critique was sponsored by the Office of Transportation Planning Analysis U.S. Department of Transportation.
Institute of Public Administration,
- Vuchic, V R
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Governments; Planning; Policy; Rapid transit
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053985
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 20 1982 12:00AM