A COMPREHENSIVE TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH PROGRAM FOR THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA
The program described in this paper has been initiated through support provided partially by the U.S. Department of Transportation under its Program of University Research in response to a proposal submitted jointly by Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University and the University of Virginia with the endorsement of various state agencies and of the Secretary for Transportation and Public Safety. The objective of the program is to bring together the talents and interests widely scattered throughout the academic institutions of the state and provide a mechanism for interaction with state officials and agencies directly concerned with transportation and with other problems related to transportation. A Steering Committee has been formed to serve as a focal point for this activity. Membership includes representatives from the state government, including the Secretary for Transportation and Public Safety, from local and regional groups within the state, and from the academic institutions. The ultimate goal for this Committee is to develop a well-coordinated program of research, study, and demonstrations utilizing the talents and facilities in the state to assure that the state's problems are being explored from the broadest possible viewpoint and that Virginia is keeping abreast of the rapidly changing picture in all fields of transportation.
- The Office of University Research of the Department of Transportation, compiled this information under report No. DOT-TST-74-15.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Dickey, J W
- KUHLTHAU, A R
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Government agencies; Network analysis (Planning); Regional planning; Research; State departments of transportation; State government; States; Transportation; Transportation planning; Universities and colleges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Agencies
- Geographic Terms: Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00053975
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Automotive Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #740027, SP-389 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 20 1974 12:00AM