CONSUMER AID SERIES: BRAKES, TIRES, AND ACCELERATION CAPABILITIES OF PASSENGER CARS AND MOTORCYCLES
Annual series of 3 reports comparing safety performance capability test results of model year foreign and domestic passenger cars & motorcycles. Reports, described below, cover brakes, tire reserve load, and acceleration. Data are provided by manufacturers, as required by DOT regulations. Format of reports is as follows: intro and facsimile of DOT testing regulations; index by manufacturer; and 2 extended tables ranking autos and motorcycles, by test performance, with and without selected options. Brakes: Comparision of Braking Performance for Passenger Cars and Motorcycles. (Pt. 1, Vol 6 Jan 1976. III+25 PP S/N 050-003-00226-7) Annual report providing data on the 60 mph stopping distances of model year passenger cars and motorcycles. Tires: Comparison of Tire Reserve Load for Passenger Cars (Pt. 2, Vol. 6 Jan 1976. XII + 63 pp. S/N 050-003-00227-5) Annual report providing data on the minimum tire reserve loads of model year passenger cars. Acceleration and Passing Ability: Comparison of Acceleration and Passing Ability for Passenger Cars and Motorcycles (Pt 3, Vol 6 Jan 1976 XIII + 51 pp S/N 050-003-00228-3) Annual report providing data on the acceleration capabilities (seconds and feet) of model year passenger cars and motorcycles. (TSC)
- Data is provided by the Individual Auto Manufacturers in response to regulations issued by NHTSA, Paper Copy.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Automobiles; Braking; Highways; Motorcycles; Passing; Safety and security; Stopping distances; Transportation safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00320181
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 1981 12:00AM