NATIONAL 55 MPH SPEED LIMIT, 1975
This report is a fact sheet on effects on 55 mph speed limit; with text, statistics and 5 tables showing average daily gasoline consumption, average miles per gallon for 4 sizes of automobiles, at 6 speeds; monthly traffic fatalities, and estimated fuel and dollar savings at 55 mph vs 70 mph for 5 trip distances and 4 car sizes.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Energy consumption; Fatalities; Fuel consumption; Gasoline; Highways; Size; Speed limits; Statistics; Tables (Data); Transportation; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mileage
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy data related to transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00320133
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: One-Time
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM