TRANSOCEANIC CARGO STUDY - FORCAST MODEL RESEARCH STUDY: COMPUTER PROGRAM. DOT/DF-73-013
The model consists of seven sub-models which are used to combine several years of foreign trade data by converting to a common base code. Basic foreign trade tapes are from the bureau of the census. The standard IBM sort software is used to sort the raw data. A waterborne foreign trade master tape is produced along with an airborne foreign trade master tape--all at the three-digit level. These two files are then merged to produce a foreign trade master file which is used by the forecasting sub-model to produce the actual forecasts. Forecasts are prepared for each major U.S. trading area (country) by three-digit commodity. Tape and card are input; tape output. These models may also be processed on any computer system having a FORTRAN 4 (or equivalent) compiler.
- ADP Storage: 2432 cards.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1971-5
- TRT Terms: Air; Commodities; Freight traffic; International transportation; Mathematical models; Transportation; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Materials; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00320128
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TSR, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 1982 12:00AM