TRANSOCEANIC CARGO STUDY - DISTRIBUTION COST MODEL RESEARCH STUDY: COMPUTER PROGRAM. DOT/DF-73-012
The model consists of sixteen sub-models. Card in-put;/printer output. An extensive dictionary defining program variables and logic is included within the program as comment cards. The model is readily convertible for running on any computer system having a FORTRAN 4 compiler. The distribution cost model program calculates the following costs associated with the following modes of transportation; inventory/warehouse, pick-up and delivery, inland line-haul, transoceanic line-haul, packing, insurance, documentation, and perishability for the rail, truck, barge, air, barge carrier, tanker, bulker, break bulker, and containership modes. It also calculates the distances between cities considered and the time parameters associated with each shipment and mode. The rationale, logic and equations of this model are extensively discussed in volume 2 of the D.O.T. trans-oceanic cargo study final report.
- ADP Storage: 2643 cards.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Air; Commodities; Freight traffic; Mathematical models; Transportation; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Materials; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00320127
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TSR, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 30 1982 12:00AM