TWO-PHASE TURBINE ENGINES
The two-phase turbine described herein utilizes a uniform mixture of gas and liquid accelerated in nozzles. The mixture acts directly on an axial flow or tangential impulse turbine or is separated into gas and liquid streams which operate separately on a gas turbine and a hydraulic turbine. The basic two-phase cycles and nozzle and turbine design and performance are discussed in the following sections.
- Presented at the Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, 11th, proceedings. The Steam Automobile, V21, No 4, pp 32-38, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Elliott, D G
- Hays, L G
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Gas turbines; Gases; Hydraulic equipment; Liquids; Mixtures; Nozzles; Turbine engines; Turbines
- Old TRIS Terms: Axial flow; Hydraulic systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00319741
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 769038 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM