A METHOD FOR CALCULATION OF FORCES AND PRESSURES INDUCED ON THE HULL BY CAVITATING PROPELLER
A method for prediction of hydrodynamic characteristics of the propeller operating in the non-uniform field of flow is presented. It is based on the lifting surface theory, and takes into account some of the most important unsteady effects. The algorithm for calculation of the time-dependent pressure distribution on the propeller blades is employed for prediction of cavitation extent, unsteady bearing forces and pressure pulsations induced on the hull surface. Apart from the theoretical background of the method, some of the results obtained during the experimental verification are presented.
Ship Research Institute of NorwayP.O. Box 4125, Valentinlyst, Hakon Hakonsongt. 34
N-7001 Trondheim, Norway
- Szantyr, J
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic lift; Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Force; Hulls; Pressure; Propellers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pressure distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating propellers; Hull forces; Hull propeller interaction; Lifting surface theory; Propeller induced forces
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319513
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report R-81.79
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM