THE GROWTH OF STEAM COAL TRADE
The principal aim of the survey is to provide an overview of trends in the production and usage of steam coal globally, projecting both import requirements and export availabilities in order to forecast growth in seaborne trade and shipping requirements through to 1990. Import demand is viewed in the context of (1) energy policies (2) growth in the electrictity sector and (3) indigenous supplies of solid fuel in individual markets such as the EEC, Scandinavia and Japan. Similarly, to provide a perspective against which to measure the efforts being made to increase the export availability of steam coal, the survey focusses on the major coal producing countries, and the problems they face in expanding output. Other sections are devoted to the growth of global steam coal trade, to transportation and to the future shipping requirements.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedResearch Division, 24 Brook Street
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Coal; Coal industry; Demand; Economic forecasting; Energy; Energy consumption; Exports; Freight traffic; Imports; Policy; Shipping; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk coal; Bulk trade flows; Energy demand; Shipping forecasts; Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00319496
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Survey 22
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM