EVALUATION AND SUMMARY REPORT--INTERMODAL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
An executive summary, that includes project history, scope, objectives and approach, and project conclusions/findings/recommendations of the FRA/PRC development of an Intermodal Management Information System. (Prior reports-IMIS-State-of-the-Art Survey, April 1978/IMIS-Phase II, Task 2, Interim Report, April 1978/IMIS-Baseline Specification, Phase II, Task 1, September 1979). Also lists IMIS products available from the FRA. Post-Audit Evaluation of the four month demonstration of the IMIS on the Norfolk & Western Railway, outlining the performance of the Intermodal Equipment Control Systems (IMECS), Repetitive Waybilling and Rating System (RWRS), and the Profitability Analysis System (PAS). Includes performance evaluaton of system initialization, implementation, maintenance, accountability, and hardware/software.
PRC Information Sciences Company7600 Old Springhouse Road
McLean, VA United States 22101
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Peternick, J
- Pflugrad, A
- Holland, R
- Bergman, D
- Publication Date: 1979-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Information systems; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Management information systems; Piggyback transportation; Profitability; Quality of work; Trailer on flat car; Waybills; Yard operations
- Identifier Terms: Norfolk and Western Railway Company
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Intermodal information systems; Waybill procedures; Yard and terminal information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00319051
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-80/26 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-741-5157
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM