CALINE3 - A VERSATILE DISPERSION MODEL FOR PREDICTING AIR POLLUTANT LEVELS NEAR HIGHWAYS AND ARTERIAL STREETS
CALINE3 is a third generation line source air quality model developed by the California Department of Transportation. It is based on the Gaussian diffusion equation and employs a mixing zone concept to characterize pollutant dispersion over the roadway. The purpose of the model is to assess air quality impacts near transportation facilities in what is known as the microscale region. Given source strength, meteorology, site geometry, and site characteristics, the model can reliably predict carbon monoxide concentrations for receptors located within 150 meters of the roadway. The model has adjustments for averaging time and surface roughness, and can handle up to 20 links and 20 receptors. It also contains an algorithm for deposition and settling velocity so that particulate concentrations can be predicted.
- Available on Magnetic Tape. Source tape is in EBCDIC character set. Tapes can be prepared in most standard 7 or 9 track recording modes for one-half inch tape. Identify recording mode desired by specifying character set, track, density, and parity. Call NTIS Computer Products if you have questions. Price includes documentation, PB80-220841. Also available as punched cards.
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, CA USA 95819
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Benson, P
- Baishiki, R
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Algorithms; Arterial highways; Assessments; Carbon monoxide; Computer programs; Dispersers; Exhaust gases; Forecasting; Highways; Magnetic tapes; Mathematical models; Meteorology; Particulates; Punched cards; Simulation; Streets
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Dispersing; Dispersion; Models-simulation
- Subject Areas: Finance; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00318970
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/DF-80/002
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 19 1981 12:00AM