RURAL HIGHWAY PLANNING SYSTEM
An effective highway transportation planning process is the basis for, and is a necessary continuous part of, efficient highway transportation management. A series of manuals and accompanying computer programs were developed to provide guidelines for establishing a system and the basic data collection programs and analysis that are a necessary beginning for accomplishing such a planning process. This software package has been developed to analyze the data that will be collected by following the instructions described in the Road Inventory, Traffic Surveys, and Adequacy Rating Manuals. The computer programs are described and documented in the 'Computer Program Users Manual,' Vols. 1, 2 and 3. This battery of software includes 21, 7 and 12 programs for analyzing the road inventory, traffic survey, and adequacy rating data, respectively. Included with the computer programs are test data for each program and sample outputs which should be of great assistance while installing the programs. Programs included in the package provides means for storing, editing, and reporting such basic data. Special provisions have been made for easy conversion of titles to most foreign languages. Highway Log reports include Route Lengths. Mileage Summaries by pavement type, Summaries of highway structures, and Route logs. Adequacy reports include road adequacy ratings, and an improvement priority analysis. Traffic survey reports include peak hourly Volumes, Average daily traffic, Vehicle classification summaries, truck axle loading, and commodity flow analyses...Software Description: The Program is written in the COBOL-ANSI 74 programming language for implementation on a IBM computer using the OS/MVT 21.8F operating System. 126K bytes of core storage are required to operate the system.
- See also Spanish package, PB80-196397. Source tape is in EBCDIC character set. Tapes can be prepared in most standard 7 or 9 track recording modes for one-half inch tape. Identify recording mode desired by specifying character set, track, density, and parity. Call NTIS Computer Products if you have questions. Price includes documentation, PB80-196355, PB80-196363, PB80-196371, and PB80-196389.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Litz, L E
- Rutledge, B
- Publication Date: 1979-9-15
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Commodity flow; Computer programs; Data collection; Guidelines; Highway planning; Highway traffic; Highway transportation; Highways; Inventory; Manuals; Motor vehicles; Peak hour traffic; Regional planning; Roads; Routes; Rural areas; Rural highways; Software; Traffic engineering; Traffic surveys; Traffic volume; Transportation operations; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00318185
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-EO-79-1010, DOT/DF-80/001
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM