COMMUNICATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR A LORAN-C POSITION MONITORING SYSTEM FOR VTS VALDEZ, ALASKA
The Coast Guard is investigating alternative means to provide increased surveillance capability in its Vessel Traffic Service (VTS) at Valdez, Alaska. The purpose of this effort is to extend active position monitoring of ships throughout Prince William Sound. One method of surveillance is to transmit Loran-C time differences from each ship to VTS Valdez for display and storage. This document defines the requirements for a Loran-C position monitoring system using the existing VHF-FM communication network.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Drown, T M
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Communication systems; Loran C; Position fixing; Radar; Radio; Ships; Surveillance; Very high frequency; Vessel traffic control
- Geographic Terms: Alaska
- Old TRIS Terms: Position finding; Shipboard communications; Vhf communications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00317497
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-36-80 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM