THE TRADING PROSPECTS FOR PANAMAX (50-80,000 DWT) BULK CARRIERS AND OBOS
This publication sets out to investigate the "Panamax" vessels' emerging new market role and attempts to reach some conclusions about the potential supply/demand relationship for these vessels through to the mid-1980s. The study begins by examining the size and structure of the current "Panamax" dry bulk fleet with Part 2 of the Study considering these vessels market role. Part 3 discusses "Panamax" dry bulk vessel employment patterns. In Part 4 there is a review of the trading costs of "Panamax" dry bulk carriers and, in Part 5 the future prospects for these vessels are evaluated.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedResearch Division, 24 Brook Street
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Dry bulk carriers; Economic analysis; Fleet management; Ore bulk oil carriers; Trade; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet requirements; Obos; Trade analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00317490
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Study No. 83
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM