Highlights recent significant technical/technological trends in the marine transportation field. Among the major items discussed are containerization (ships and terminals), barge carriers--LASH and SEABEE, tanker fleet, offshore terminals, liquefield natural gas (LNG) vessels, integrated tugbarge systems, and inland waterways. The inter-relationships with other transportation disciplines are reviewed. The economics of water modes of transport versus other modes are also indicated.
- Presented at a meeting, Sept. 23-27, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Pross, T W
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge carriers; Bulk cargo handling; Containerships; Freight transportation; Integrated systems; Lashing; Liquefied natural gas; Offshore terminals; Oils; State of the art; Tug ship interaction; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Integrated transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk oil transport; Lash; Lng transportation; Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053957
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #73-ICT-112 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM