MANUAL FOR GRP FREIGHT CONTAINER INSPECTION AND REPAIR
This manual provides procedures for commercial inspection and repair of glass fiber reinforced plywood (GRP) containers, sometimes known as FRP Containers. The manual will also assist in meeting requirements for GRP containers under the International Convention for Safe Containers (CSC). The manual contains sections on inspection, general repair procedures, repair of GRP panels, repair of surface and veneer damage, and the three methods of repair of major panel damage - glue gun, polyester fiberglass filler and half lap.
- Supplement to IICL's previously published Guide for Container Equipment Inspection, 2d Edition, Repair Manual for Steel Freight Containers, 2d Edition, and Repair Manual for Aluminum Freight Containers (2d Edition under preparation).
Institute of International Container Lessors, Ltd12 East 41st Street, Suite 600
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Fiber reinforced materials; Fiberglass; Industrial materials; Inspection; Plywood; Repairing
- Old TRIS Terms: Container construction materials; Container inspection; Container repair; Fiberglass reinforced materials
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00317489
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1980 12:00AM