FEMORAL LOADS MEASURED BY A SIX-AXIS LOAD CELL
A six-axis femoral load cell was designed, fabricated, calibrated and tested in an anthropomorphic test device (ATD) upper leg. It has linear characteristics with adequate output and dynamic response. Its output compared well with that of load cells mounted behind a knee bolster which was impacted by an ATD instrumented with this load cell. Although the axial load was found to be well below the present limit of FMVSS208, the bending moments were found to be high.
- Proceedings from the 23rd Stapp Car Crash Conference, held in San Diego, California, October 17-19, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Cheng, R
- Denton, R A
- King, A I
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Axial loads; Bending moments; Impact tests; Leg; Measurement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I84: Personal Injuries;
- Accession Number: 00317007
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM