PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN UNDERWATER SHIP HULL INSPECTIONS
In the First part of this paper the underwater non-destructive examination techniques are discussed, with stress on those characteristics that make the systems relatively independent of the diver's experience, skill or talent. In the second section, inspections performed on six ships are described. A discussion of the effect of hull paint on thickness readings is included. Order from NSFI as No. 19753.
- From Ocean Energy, 15th annual conference, 10-12 October 1979.
- Mittleman, J
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: p. 292
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Painting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Underwater inspection
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull inspection; Hull painting
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00319875
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM