A STUDY ON PRODUCTION CONTROL OF THE CROSS TYPE CONVERSION
The aim of this paper is to explain the actual situation of control work developed on the empirical basis of completing the conversion of about 140 vessels in the past some 20 years, and to receive comments from those who are in a similar situation, and at the same time to offer summary of knowledge as to the control in a repair yard to those who are not acquainted with such experience. A rough introduction is given in the first chapter as to the outlines of ship repairs. The organization and the flow of activities in one of the repair yards of the company where these repairs are actually carried out are given in the next chapter. The third chapter describes the features of repair work and the requirement of control in terms of known limitations and freedom of action and in a meaning other than that for new construction. The fourth chapter indicates the tendency of the conversions accelerated by the needs of the customers, as well as the development of techniques. The fifth chapter gives explanations of the contents of the control which are resultant from integration of experiences improved in accordance with the development of these conversions. The final chapter shows some examples of overall control in repairs, as well as their evaluation.
- Presented at the Annual Joint Meeting of The Northern California Section of SNAME, Oct. 12-14, 1973.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- NAGATA, Y
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Planning; Production; Production control; Repairing; Ship conversion; Ships; Shipyards; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship maintenance; Ship repair
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard automation
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053939
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM