HEAVY DUTY MARINE GAS TURBINE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
A general overview of the joint General Electric Company and Maritime Administration project to marinize the industrial regenerative gas turbine as a more economically and technically competitive form of propulsion power generation for ships of the U.S. merchant marine is presented. The overview includes the logic for the initiation of specific development efforts, present status of hardware related developments, and future potential for marine applications. The project as described herein is presently being performed by the General Electric Company's Gas Turbine Products Division under U.S. Department of Commerce Contract No. 0-35510.
- Presented at the Philadelphia Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Critelli, F X
- Kaplan, S M
- Caruvana, A
- Publication Date: 1974-2-15
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Gas turbines; Operating costs; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Competitive propulsion systems; Economic analysis (Propulsion systems)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053938
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Contract Numbers: 0-35510
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM