Batteries as an Alternative Fuel?
As fuel continues to be one of the major costs for railroads and emissions become a greater concern, alternative fuels are gaining more attention. In particular, there has been a shift towards the use of compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG); however, batteries are also seeing improved performance and increased consideration as a primary energy source for locomotives. In this article, the author evaluates the prospect of a battery tender using performance requirements similar to those set forth in the AAR M-1004 Specifications for Fuel Tenders.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1586268
- Santos, Pedro
- Publication Date: 2018-9
- Media Type: Print
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: pp 28-31
- TRT Terms: Alternate fuels; Electric batteries; Locomotives; Pollutants
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01700555
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 2019 4:52PM