MANHATTAN GARMENT CENTER URBAN GOODS MOVEMENT STUDY--PHASE I
The City of New York, with the U.S. Department of Transportation and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, has embarked on the Manhattan Garment Center Urban Goods Movement Study in order to better understand the goods movement process, to develop techniques to alleviate the difficulties of urban goods movement, and to implement these techniques. This Garment Center study represents the first major effort to investigate the goods movement problems existing in a major, highly urbanized environment. The project is a comprehensive study of urban goods movement and is organzied to meet several objectives: (1) to be accessible and responsive to the community; (2) to develop, design, evaluate, and implement short-term, low capital improvements for the goods movement system; and (3) to identify long-term solutions to goods movement difficulties. (UMTA)
- The other 3 Phase I reports are Appendix Volumes I, II, and III (UMTA-UPM-02-80-2 through UPM-02-80-4). These 3 volumes present a more detailed description of the activities and analyses on which this final Phase I report is based. The Phase II report number is UMTA-UPM-02-80-5. set of 5: PB81-109241. Phase II report published December 1979.
New York City Department of TransportationBureau of Planning and Research, 40 Worth Street
New York, NY USA 10013
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 179 p.
- TRT Terms: Business districts; Central business districts; Freight traffic; Streets; Traffic control; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inner cities
- Old TRIS Terms: Commercial districts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00325356
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-UPM-02-80-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30053
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM