SAFETY WATCH INSTRUMENTATION ABOARD MODERN DIESEL VESSELS
The paper presents a brief history of engine room monitoring systems and their evolution to today's Safety Watch Systems. A survey of the various types of systems available in the market place is presented, followed by a discussion of current techniques used to protect diesel engines. A potential user is briefed on what to look for before selecting a system for his vessel and given a glimpse into future needs and trends.
- Presented at the Great Lakes & Great Rivers Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Sullivan, G E
- Publication Date: 1973-10-11
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Engine rooms; Instrumentation; Propulsion; Remote control
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel control systems; Diesel propulsion; Engine room instrumentation; Engine room remote control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053905
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM