A BAYESIAN APPROACH TO OIL SPILL STATISTICS
The purpose of the analysis described in this report is to utilize past spill experience to generate estimates of the likelihood of spillage by number and size of individual spill for a range of hypothetical offshore petroleum developments on the Atlantic and Gulf of Alaska continental shelf.
- Presented at the New England Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Devanney, J W
- Stewart, R J
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry; Oil spills; Statistics; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00053904
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM