ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF THE CLOSURE OF THE SUEZ CANAL
The report deals in detail with the effects on tankers, liner trades, dry bulk cargoes, increased shipping operations costs, the economic consequences to ports and international trade in general. Also covered are the effects of the closure on technological developments in shipping, particularly vessel size, economies of scale, rising costs of transport and dry cargo shipping developments. Included are 15 statistical tables.
- Study by the UNCTAD Secretariat.
United NationsUnited Nations Plaza
New York, NY USA 10017
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Canals; Economic analysis; Economics; Liner shipping; Tanker shipping; Trade restrictions; Trade routes; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00053889
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United Nations
- Report/Paper Numbers: TD/B/C.4/104/Corr. 1Study Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM