THE SIXTEENTH SYMPOSIUM ON THE USE OF CYBERNETICS ON THE RAILWAY
The introduction of cybernetic concepts and methods is now considered important for optimizing operation and improving management. Since the first International Cybernetics Symposium held in 1963 by the UIC, the Japanese Railway Cybernetics Association (JRCA) organises a symposium every year. 44 papers were presented at the 1978 meeting, and dealt with the different systems in connection with 1) projects, methods of evaluation and examples of methods of transport, 2) information for passengers, 3) ticket issuing and ticket inspection, 4) use, maintenance and safety of rolling stock, 5) the man-machine interface, 6) new transport systems. The document contains a summary of the papers.
Japan Railway Cybernetics AssociationTokyo, Japan
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Cybernetics; Information processing; Information systems; Preventive maintenance; Project management; Ticketing
- Identifier Terms: Nihon kokuyu tetsudo
- Old TRIS Terms: Project analysis; Ticketing systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00324914
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: UIC Cat. 907 0 1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM