A PRELIMINARY STUDY OF HEAD-ON AND REAR-END COLLISIONS INVOLVING LOCOMOTIVES
Control of hazards to occupants of locomotive cabs is the primary goal of the FRA-B of LE-UTU-AAR Locomotive Control Compartment Committee. The study reported herein is intended to provide further clarification of head-on and rear-end collisions, particularly in regard to structural damage and fatalities to cab occupants. Recommendations for further study are made where additional knowledge is needed.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001-1564
- Hawthorne, K L
- Publication Date: 1974-1-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Crashes; Diesel electric locomotives; Locomotives; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive cab safety
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00053867
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: V-804-74-01
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1976 12:00AM