DETERMINATION OF FATIGUE DESIGN CRITERIA FOR CARBODY BOLSTER AND CARBODY CENTERPLATE AREAS
Fatigue testing has always been a part of Pullman-Standard's testing practice. In retrospect it seems that the evolution of bigger and longer cars and declining track conditions introduced roll conditions for which the industry was not prepared. In May of 1967 the DT&I Railroad furnished a hy-cube car so that P-S could seek out the problems and their causes. At the test center this car was equipped with a new set of "in-kind" centerplates that were strain gaged in the critical areas.
- Presented at the Tenth Annual Railroad Engineering Conference, Depew, New York, Sept. 5-7, 1973.
Dresser Transportation Equipment Division2 Main Street
Depew, NY United States 14043
- MANOS, W P
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Bolsters; Design; Freight cars; Plates (Engineering)
- Old TRIS Terms: Bolster design; Center plates
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053856
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Dresser Transportation Equipment Division
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM