ACF'S PROGRAM TO IMPROVE CARBODY BOLSTER AND CENTERPLATE AREAS RIGID UNDERFRAME CARS.
The AMCAR design and test program for 100-ton centerplates is presented. In the design phase, a team with maximum experience and background in the problem area was assigned to produce candidate configurations for both new and retrofit 100-ton centerplate applications. The general criteria set up as guidelines are listed. The key words are "integrated design." The centerplate, center filler, and associated bolster structure were to be treated as a functional subsytem.
- Presented at the Tenth Annual Railroad Engineering Conference, Depew, New York, Sept. 5-7, 1973.
Dresser Transportation Equipment Division2 Main Street
Depew, NY USA 14043
- Billingsley Jr, R H
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Bolsters; Freight cars; Plates (Engineering)
- Old TRIS Terms: Center plates
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053855
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Dresser Transportation Equipment Division
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM