A RE-EVALUATION OF FREIGHT CAR TRUCK PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
This article discusses truck performance requirements. It covers such items as safety, tracking, endurance, ride cushioning, component wear resistance, and rollability. Brake beam moment is considered.
- Presented at the Tenth Annual Railroad Engineering Conference, Depew, New York, Sept. 5-7, 1973.
Dresser Transportation Equipment Division2 Main Street
Depew, NY United States 14043
- MCLEAN, L A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053852
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM