THEORETICAL STUDY ON THE SIDE THRUST OF TRUCK WHEELS RUNNING ON CURVES
Many studies on the mechanics of side thrust of truck wheels running on curves have been carried out. Most of them aim at the analysis of the static behaviour of vehicles on curves. The analysis in this paper purports to present the fundamental principles for the design of the truck with a small side thrust of wheel against the curved rail. The influences of the wheelset suspension stiffness and many other factors upon the flange force of outer leading wheel are made clear.
- Presented at the Tenth Annual Railroad Engineering Conference, Depew, New York, Sept. 5-7, 1973.
Dresser Transportation Equipment Division2 Main Street
Depew, NY United States 14043
- Kunieda, M
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Steering; Technology; Thrust; Train track dynamics; Vehicle sides
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Side thrust
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053851
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Dresser Transportation Equipment Division
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM