CALCULATION ON HUNTING OF HIGH SPEED RAILWAY TRUCK--PROBLEMS OF TRUCK DESIGN FOR SANYO SHIN KANSEN
It is extremely important to prevent the hunting of railway vehicle which occurs at high speed, for securing stability of the car. In this report, there are treated the hunting phenomenon of the railway vehicles, and the calculation which produced the basic design of the truck for the Sanyo Shin Kansen. According to these results for the test truck described above, it is clarified that there are many factors involving the track which affect the hunting velocity, for instance, the supporting stiffness of axles, the elastic stiffness between the truck frame and the side frame of the truck, the frictional moment between the truck and the other various elements. And it is clarified that there are many factors which prevent the truck hunting at the planned maximum speed. Fundamental data on the truck design are presented.
- Presented at the Tenth Annual Railroad Engineering Conference, Depew, New York, Sept. 5-7, 1973.
Dresser Transportation Equipment Division2 Main Street
Depew, NY United States 14043
- Yokose, K
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed rail; Hunting (Dynamics); Technology; Train track dynamics; Trucks
- Identifier Terms: Shinkansen
- Geographic Terms: Japan
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053850
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Dresser Transportation Equipment Division
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM