VEHICLE AND TRACK DYNAMICS RESEARCH ON BRITISH RAILWAYS
This paper outlines British Railways' current approach to the dynamic analysis of vehicle suspensions which has been evolved from a continuing research program on vehicle and track dynamics. In the plan sense, it covers the basic problem of lateral stability to ensure a high critical speed at which hunting or shimmy occurs and linear curving using tread forces. In the vertical sense it deals with requirements of satisfactory ride and the demands of the track engineer to minimize vertical dynamic loading on the track and consequential track damage.
- Presented at the Tenth Annual Railroad Engineering Conference, Depew, New York, Sept. 5-7, 1973.
Dresser Transportation Equipment Division2 Main Street
Depew, NY United States 14043
- Sparrow, R W
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Train track dynamics
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053848
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Dresser Transportation Equipment Division
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM