BREAKAWAY AND YIELDING LUMINAIRE SUPPORTS
EFTERGIVLIGA BELYSNINGSSTOLPAM, UTVECKLING AV ENPROVNINGSMETOD OCH FORSLAG TILL KRAV
In order to specify national requirements on crashworthiness of roadside hazards a new test method has been used. A moving barrier with a deformable front has been developed and 59 tests have been made with different types of breakaway and yielding luminaire supports, roadsigns and wooden utility poles. The method has worked satisfactorily and the use of a deformable moving barrier is proposed for crash testing of most types of roadside safety appurtenances. (Author)
Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)Olaus Magnus vaeg 35
Linkoeping, Sweden SE-581 95
- Turbell, T
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Breakaway supports; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crashworthiness; Hazards; Highway safety; Performance tests; Research; Roadside
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00324524
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI Rapport 204 Mong Ser.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM