INVESTIGATION OF SORTING AND TRAIN FORMATION SCHEMES FOR A RAILROAD HUMP YARD
Four schemes are investigated for systematically assigning the tracks and sorting various cars and batches to form new outbound trains in a railroad hump yard. The suitability and applicability of each scheme are discussed, and guidelines are recommended for improving the process of sorting and the formations of trains in a railroad hump yard.
International Symposium, Theory Traf Flow & Trans (5th)University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA United States
- Siddiqee, M W
- Publication Date: 1971-6
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight service; Hump yards; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Yard operations
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00053836
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Traffic Flow and Transportation
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 3 1974 12:00AM