ENERGY AND TEXAS TRANSPORTATION
As a result of the shortages experienced in 1974 and 1979, considerable attention has been focused on energy availability and the relationship between transportation and energy. This report complements a previous report entitled "Trends in Texas Transportation Fuel Consumption" (Technical Report 1059-1). This report addresses three major topics: 1) a relationship between the economy of Texas and Texas transportation fuel consumption; 2) quantitative data describing the magnitude of the fuel shortfalls that occurred in 1974 and 1979; and 3) potential transportation energy conservation options. (Author)
- The study was conducted in cooperation with the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- Christiansen, D L
- Publication Date: 1980-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Economic impacts; Economics; Energy conservation; Energy resources; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Supply; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis; Supply and demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel shortage
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00324467
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTATX801059-2F Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-10-79-1059
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM