PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1979-1980 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE)--LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers motive power designs that have been delivered and developments undertaken in the survey period of September 1, 1979 to September 1, 1980. Data and photographs for seven new diesel locomotives, six new electric locomotives, six trainsets and three railcars are presented as reported by builders, railroads and trade journals.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, November 16-21, 1980.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel multiple unit cars; Electric locomotives; Electric multiple unit cars; Locomotives; Switching locomotives; Technology; Traction drives; Vehicle design
- Geographic Terms: Europe; Japan
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design; Rail diesel cars
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00324451
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 80-WA/RT-12 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM