INVESTIGATION OF LARGE TANKER TRANSITS OF A PROPOSED DEEPWATER CHANNEL INTO THE PORT OF CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS
The Nueces County Navigation District No. 1 proposes to widen and deepen the existing entrance channel through Arkansas Pass to accommodate VLCC and other large vessel traffic. The Maritime Administration's Computer Aided Operations Research Center (CAORF) was used to investigate the adequacy of the proposed improvements and the impact of alternative docking basin designs on transits of 250,000 DWT tankers under adverse environmental conditions.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
Nueces County Navigation DistrictCorpus Christi, TX United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Cook, R C
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Channels (Waterways); Deepwater harbors; Maneuvering; Ship pilotage; Ship simulators; Simulation; Structural design; Tankers; VLCC ports
- Old TRIS Terms: Channel design; Narrow channel navigation; Restricted water operation; Tanker maneuvering
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323498
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CAORF 24-8012-01 Res Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM